- Restorative Shoulder Program
- Difficulty/Who is this for: This program is intended for athletes and individuals who are either returning from a shoulder injury or have had longstanding chronic shoulder pain. In this program, you will find a combination of isolated joint mobilization, soft tissue applications, and strengthening exercises that are specifically designed to help you get back to health. While this can be done as a stand-alone program for late phase rehabilitation/return to play, this can also be utilized as an adjacent program to conventional training.
- PLEASE NOTE: this program should not be performed until conventional physical therapy has been completed. This program is not intended to supplement physical therapy, but rather, create an extension of care provided in early phase rehab to help smooth the transition back to play. Please consult with your physician or physical therapist prior to initiating this program.
- Target outcomes:
- Improve local strength, neuromuscular function, and soft tissue quality.
- Emphasizes re-integrating the injured area back to the body.
- Decrease nagging pains and overstressing the joints.
- Time/Equipment Demands:
- 6 week program | 3 days/wk.
- ~45 min. sessions
- Required equipment: Turf space (~15m), Landmine, Barbell, DB/KB, MB’s, Hex Bar, TRX, full band set, soft tissue tools (foam roller, tennis ball, lax ball).
Restorative Shoulder Program (RTP)